Slow Food Delivered to You
Want slow food brought to you? Here are a few ways that you can support your local community and patronage your favorite local producers and businesses!
- Market 2Day's Virtual Winter Market brings the farmer's market to your doorstep! Vendors include Iggy's, Ward's Berry Farm, Codman Community Farms, and Red's Best.
- Mercato's delivery service connects you independent grocers including Boston Public Market, Follow the Honey, and Formaggio Kitchen.
- Farmers to You lets you order fruits, produce, and pantry staples directly from Vermont farms.
- Rally for Restaurants to purchase gift cards from scores of restaurants in Toast's network.
- Grubhub's partners still deliver. The company has launched an economic relief effort of up to $100 million for independent restaurant partners impacted by COVID-19.
- LocalHarvest can help you locate CSAs in your area! (Siena Farms in Sudbury, MA has home delivery!)
- Somerville residents can now get their groceries at local restaurants for pick up and delivery throughout the duration of COVID-19 restrictions. Check out Somerville Delivers for more details!
Join a CSA!
Support local farms near you by joining in on community supported agriculture! Become a CSA Member when you buy a CSA share and receive locally grown, organic produce from your friendly, neighborhood farmer. Here are ways to find out about CSAs in your area:
- The Organic Food Guide offers an interactive map to find CSAs closest to you along with detailed information on each farms and types of CSA programs they offer
- The MA Department of Agricultural Resources MassGrown Map offers a detailed list of CSA farms throughout the the state along with other agricultural resources in your town
- Local Harvest provides a comprehensive list of CSA options, including share price details, operating season, and customer ratings of each CSA for you to choose the one that's right for you!
- From produce shares to meat shares, the Trustees is always a reliable source on CSA options available for your choosing
Looking for some literary entertainment and expanding your knowledge on sustainable foods? SFB has got you covered! Here are recommended reads we think you'll enjoy!