Blog with Us at Slow Food Boston!
Search Our Site
No upcoming events scheduled...
Tomorrow is Terra Madre Day, a worldwide celebration of local food. Find an event to attend or host one yourself-all you need is a group of people and food that celebrates where you are from. http://ow.ly/rzViQ
Something really cool is happening to the Boston Public Market building this week!
Tomorrow, products from the Ark of Taste will be at the centre of many events taking place around the world as part of Terra Madre Day 2013 #TMD2013 Timeline PhotosToday’s focus for our Terra Madre Day
With one day left in our countdown to Terra Madre Day 2013 #TMD2013, today's focus is an event in Italy. To mark the global celebration of local food, the Catania Convivium in Sicily will head to
- Allandale Farm (249 posts)
- Boston Public Market (235 posts)
- Edible Boston (352 posts)
- Farmers To You (302 posts)
- Food Sol Facebook (178 posts)
- Marion Institute (347 posts)
- Round the Bend Farm (106 posts)
- SEMAP Facebook (201 posts)
- Slow Food Ark of Taste (239 posts)
- Slow Food Boston Facebook (274 posts)
- Slow Food International Facebook (364 posts)
- Slow Food New England (71 posts)
- Slow Food USA (472 posts)
- South Shore Organics (188 posts)
- Sustainable Business Network of MA (295 posts)
Our awesome chefs have worked hard to source the most LOCAL and delicious food f…
Our awesome chefs have worked hard to source the most LOCAL and delicious food for *tonight's* ALLocal Social! Scroll down to see which farms have generously contributed to our event, and give them some local love!
Can't wait to see everyone at Dillon's Boston at 5:30 p.m. (arrive on time to make sure you have first dibs on all the food!)
Okay…after a weekend of driving to farms and farmers markets and learning about the challenges of doing an ALL LOCAL menu, here is the finalized menu for the @sbnmass event on Tuesday at Dillon's.
– Shots of shiitake mushroom bisque
– Sweet corn cooked in the husk, rolled with garden scallion butter.
– Turkey kabobs w/bell peppers and raspberry compote.
– Surf and turf sliders w/ grass fed beef, butter poached lobster, Boston lettuce, carrot slaw, and served with a homemade farmhouse spicy pickle spear.
– Grey Lady Belgium beer battered apple rings w/ maple yogurt drizzle
– Frozen mojito watermelon pops.
– Whale's Tale Pale Ale
– Grey Lady Belgium Witbier
– Nantucket Vinyard Chardonnay
– Natuncket Vinyard Red Sangria
– Cocktails with Ipswich rum, Nantucket Rum and Triple 8 Blueberry vodka
Thank you to @[172140192890750:274:Cisco Brewers Nantucket], Taryn at @[169160656444571:274:Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts], @[424394107620817:274:Silverbrook Farm Dartmouth], @[160514450654638:274:Langwater Farm], @[139811472758527:274:Potager Farm at the Herb Lyceum], @[199349823442348:274:Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery], @[100451176731561:274:Pain D'Avignon Café Boulangerie], @Misty Knoll farms, @Nagog Hill Farms, @[372711319441618:274:Old Ipswich Rum], @[336175136464095:274:Cape Cod Saltworks], @[117018454984874:274:Wilson Farm], @Green Mountain Creamery and soooo many other local producers. We support and thank you for all that you do to produce such amazing and LOCAL offerings!