Blog with Us at Slow Food Boston!
Search Our Site
No upcoming events scheduled...
Living in Brookline? Join our new Pickup Site at the Brookline Teen Center in Brookline Village. Farm Fresh Food in Brooklinefarmerstoyou.comWe are very happy to annouce that Farmers To You and the Brookline Teen Center are
The life of factory farmed animals: being fed ground glass, perpetually pregnant, constant abuse. Rolling Stone uncovers the dark truth of factory farming. http://rol.st/AnimalFarm Animal Cruelty Is the Price We Pay for Cheap Meat | Rolling
Сonvivium Belgorod Terra Madre Day 2013 Around the World
A Fond Farewell http://conta.cc/1bAf9xq A Fond Farewellconta.ccIt is with a mix of sadness and excitement that I announce my departure from SEMAP. My last day at SEMAP will be January 15th. My time as executive director
- Allandale Farm (251 posts)
- Boston Public Market (245 posts)
- Edible Boston (360 posts)
- Farmers To You (310 posts)
- Food Sol Facebook (184 posts)
- Marion Institute (352 posts)
- Round the Bend Farm (106 posts)
- SEMAP Facebook (206 posts)
- Slow Food Ark of Taste (245 posts)
- Slow Food Boston Facebook (278 posts)
- Slow Food International Facebook (369 posts)
- Slow Food New England (71 posts)
- Slow Food USA (480 posts)
- South Shore Organics (192 posts)
- Sustainable Business Network of MA (301 posts)
Happy Earth Day! Celebrate with some of our own field dug parsnips in these deli…
Happy Earth Day! Celebrate with some of our own field dug parsnips in these delicious Spiced Parsnip Cupcakes (recipe adapted from Martha Stewart, tested and loved by Allandale staff).
1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract, divided
2 cups grated Allandale Farm parsnip (from 1 large peeled parsnip)
**feel free to add dried cranberries, raisins or shredded coconut.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, cardamom, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, oil, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and parsnip. Stir in flour mixture.
Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Divide batter among cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.