Blog with Us at Slow Food Boston!
Search Our Site
No upcoming events scheduled...
Exciting update for our #SpringEquinoxTastingEvent on Thursday, March 20th! Banner Beer Company has just signed on to offer their newly launched spring edition beer, "Run to Equinox!" We are so psyched to welcome them aboard for
A real time visualisation of food waste: incredible World Food Clockworldfoodclock.com…
Our very own Vice President Edie Mukiibi featured in #Guardian newspaper list of 10 projects that are encouraging youth to choose agriculture, bringing people together over food and restoring lost culinary traditions… 10 innovative food projects
- Allandale Farm (263 posts)
- Boston Public Market (281 posts)
- Edible Boston (441 posts)
- Farmers To You (418 posts)
- Food Sol Facebook (242 posts)
- Marion Institute (439 posts)
- Round the Bend Farm (122 posts)
- SEMAP Facebook (222 posts)
- Slow Food Ark of Taste (353 posts)
- Slow Food Boston Facebook (313 posts)
- Slow Food International Facebook (514 posts)
- Slow Food New England (77 posts)
- Slow Food USA (688 posts)
- South Shore Organics (235 posts)
- Sustainable Business Network of MA (380 posts)
Slow Food Archives
Wow! This study gives new "weight" to the billions served fast food meals. Int…
Wow! This study gives new "weight" to the billions served fast food meals.
Interesting study led by UC Davis found that a nation's average BMI goes up 0.03 every time a citizen buys a fast-food hamburger or a serving of fried chicken. Researchers say, "… this means governments need to make fast food less attractive to their citizens."
The fat cost of fast food: Each fast food meal bumps up BMI by .03, study says – NBC News.com
Everyone knows fast food isn’t healthy, and it’s been linked to weight gain and the obesity epidemic. After all, most fast food is laden…