Blog with Us at Slow Food Boston!
Search Our Site
No upcoming events scheduled...
Tomorrow is Terra Madre Day, a worldwide celebration of local food. Find an event to attend or host one yourself-all you need is a group of people and food that celebrates where you are from. http://ow.ly/rzViQ
Something really cool is happening to the Boston Public Market building this week!
Tomorrow, products from the Ark of Taste will be at the centre of many events taking place around the world as part of Terra Madre Day 2013 #TMD2013 Timeline PhotosToday’s focus for our Terra Madre Day
With one day left in our countdown to Terra Madre Day 2013 #TMD2013, today's focus is an event in Italy. To mark the global celebration of local food, the Catania Convivium in Sicily will head to
- Allandale Farm (249 posts)
- Boston Public Market (235 posts)
- Edible Boston (352 posts)
- Farmers To You (302 posts)
- Food Sol Facebook (178 posts)
- Marion Institute (347 posts)
- Round the Bend Farm (106 posts)
- SEMAP Facebook (201 posts)
- Slow Food Ark of Taste (239 posts)
- Slow Food Boston Facebook (274 posts)
- Slow Food International Facebook (364 posts)
- Slow Food New England (71 posts)
- Slow Food USA (472 posts)
- South Shore Organics (188 posts)
- Sustainable Business Network of MA (295 posts)
We are not necessarily a health food organization at Slow Food but this deserves…
We are not necessarily a health food organization at Slow Food but this deserves all the sharing it can get!
The Shocking Story of How Aspartame Became Legal
Did you know that Aspartame was banned by the FDA twice? How is this product legal now?
The bittersweet argument over whether Aspartame is safe or not has been going on for a long time. On one side we have medical evidence that suggests we should avoid using it and on the other side we lean on the FDA’s approval that suggests it is safe. Since generally that seems to be the factor that many continue to hold trust based upon, I thought we could look into the Aspartame story to find out how it came to be accepted as safe by the FDA. You would think that something so widely used and so well accepted would have quite the pristine story leading to its acceptance. I imagine one will discover otherwise after reading this post.
Continue reading: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/01/19/the-shocking-story-of-how-aspartame-became-legal/