Blog with Us at Slow Food Boston!
Search Our Site
No upcoming events scheduled...
Chocolate + Tea + Beer + Branding… This THURSDAY at WeWork Labs [Seaport]: Join Babson College food entrepreneurs Miles of Perfect Fuel Chocolate and Alex of Cognitea. http://www.meetup.com/Startups-Building-Consumer-Products-Boston-Meetup/events/166898192/
Happy Daylight Savings! The plants outside may not be growing yet, but the cacti from Peckham's Greenhouse remind us that all you need is SUN!
Slow Food USA is looking for 100 delegates from across the country to take part in our first Slow Meat symposium. In keeping with Slow Food’s celebration of good, clean and fair food, the three-day event
"Service doesn't start when you have something to give; it blossoms naturally when you have nothing left to take." – Nipun Mehta Courtesy of DailyGood
- Allandale Farm (263 posts)
- Boston Public Market (279 posts)
- Edible Boston (440 posts)
- Farmers To You (416 posts)
- Food Sol Facebook (240 posts)
- Marion Institute (438 posts)
- Round the Bend Farm (122 posts)
- SEMAP Facebook (221 posts)
- Slow Food Ark of Taste (350 posts)
- Slow Food Boston Facebook (313 posts)
- Slow Food International Facebook (506 posts)
- Slow Food New England (77 posts)
- Slow Food USA (679 posts)
- South Shore Organics (234 posts)
- Sustainable Business Network of MA (377 posts)
Slow Food Archives
We are not necessarily a health food organization at Slow Food but this deserves…
We are not necessarily a health food organization at Slow Food but this deserves all the sharing it can get!
The Shocking Story of How Aspartame Became Legal
Did you know that Aspartame was banned by the FDA twice? How is this product legal now?
The bittersweet argument over whether Aspartame is safe or not has been going on for a long time. On one side we have medical evidence that suggests we should avoid using it and on the other side we lean on the FDA’s approval that suggests it is safe. Since generally that seems to be the factor that many continue to hold trust based upon, I thought we could look into the Aspartame story to find out how it came to be accepted as safe by the FDA. You would think that something so widely used and so well accepted would have quite the pristine story leading to its acceptance. I imagine one will discover otherwise after reading this post.
Continue reading: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/01/19/the-shocking-story-of-how-aspartame-became-legal/