Blog with Us at Slow Food Boston!
Search Our Site
No upcoming events scheduled...
Slow Food USA is looking for 100 delegates from across the country to take part in our first Slow Meat symposium. In keeping with Slow Food’s celebration of good, clean and fair food, the three-day event
"Service doesn't start when you have something to give; it blossoms naturally when you have nothing left to take." – Nipun Mehta Courtesy of DailyGood
Have you ever met someone and immediately know they have the touch? Get to know your partner farmers – this week, meet Julie Rubaud of Red Wagon Plants . Her fresh cut herbs are second to
This International Women’s Day #IWD2014, Food Tank: The Food Think Tank highlights 23 innovative and inspiring women from around the world who are changing the food system through creating better working conditions, securing land rights, becoming
- Allandale Farm (263 posts)
- Boston Public Market (279 posts)
- Edible Boston (440 posts)
- Farmers To You (416 posts)
- Food Sol Facebook (239 posts)
- Marion Institute (437 posts)
- Round the Bend Farm (122 posts)
- SEMAP Facebook (221 posts)
- Slow Food Ark of Taste (350 posts)
- Slow Food Boston Facebook (313 posts)
- Slow Food International Facebook (506 posts)
- Slow Food New England (77 posts)
- Slow Food USA (679 posts)
- South Shore Organics (234 posts)
- Sustainable Business Network of MA (377 posts)
Slow Food Archives
Both history and daily needs have an impact on our food..as you can read in the…
Both history and daily needs have an impact on our food..as you can read in the canadien Lunenburg Pudding story
The Lunenburg community traces its roots back to Central Europe, mainly the Protestant countries of Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. The major wave of immigration to Canada happened in 1752-1753, so it is therefore most likely that the pudding usage and recipe comes from this time period.
Lunenburg pudding became more commercialized as the local fishing fleets began to recognize it as a convenient supply of protein that did not have to be cooked.